This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
Who is it for?
If a First Aider is not legally required, an employer must still appoint a person to take charge of first aid provision, and this course provides that person with the necessary knowledge to do so. This course is also ideal for individuals, lone workers or employees of smaller low risk organisations. This course is often the minimum requirement for sports coaches, instructors and support workers.
- Understand the role of the Emergency First Aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and / or in seizure
- Demonstrate how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and or / in shock
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking
- Client specific areas such as choking, epilepsy and diabetes can be included
By the end of the course the delegate will have covered how to:
- Give emergency First Aid to an injured person until medical assistance arrives
- Recognise and appropriately treat most emergency situations
- Carry out the duties of an Emergency First Aider as specified within the First Aid Regulations
All students are continually assessed by the instructor and there are two short multiple choice question papers that need to be completed within the course. Any assessment is carried out in a “low key” manner with the emphasis on teaching rather than assessment.
Minimum of 6 hours (normally run over 1 day) This course can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates or individuals can attend our courses.
09:00 to 16:30
Emergency First Aid at Work (Dartford Football Ground) £65 per delegate Plus VAT
Light refreshments are also provided on our Dartford Courses.
Emergency First Aid at Work (onsite) £650 per course (12)*
Prices include: Professional instruction, all course materials, First Aid manuals and a Highfield Awards Emergency First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.
*(Number)in brackets indicates maximum number of delegates per course.