This comprehensive course aims to refresh a first aiders skills, providing any recent updates in First Aid procedures. Delegates painlessly absorb essential knowledge through a series of practical scenarios and instructional input.
Who is it for?
The course is only suitable for those staff who already hold a current First Aid At Work certificate that is nearing expiry and who need to re-train to obtain a valid certificate.
First aiders whose certificates have expired for more than 28 days must attend the First Aid at Work (3 day) course. Please note that you need to have completed this course before the 28 days after expiry of your current FAW certificate .
- Assessing the casualty
- CPR (Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition and treatment of illness
- Transportation of casualties
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy etc.
- Updates in first aid procedures
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment
- Understand employer duties and legislation
- Maintain first aid records
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
All students are continually assessed by the instructor and there are two short multiple choice question papers that need to be completed within the course. Any assessment is carried out in a “low key” manner with the emphasis on teaching rather than assessment.
Minimum of 12 hours (normally run over 2 days) This course can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates or individuals can attend our courses.
09:00 to 16:30 each day.
First Aid at Work Refresher (Dartford Course) £115 per delegate
Lunch and refreshments are also provided on our Dartford Courses.
First Aid at Work Refresher (onsite) £1150 per course (12)*Group Booking Form
Prices include: Professional instruction, all course materials, First Aid manuals and a Highfield Awards First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.
*(Number)in brackets indicates maximum number of delegates per course.