This comprehensive course aims to equip delegates with the essential knowledge and practical experience to enable them to carry out first aid in the workplace. Delegates will learn vital skills by participating in unique practical exercises and scenarios.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for those staff who must obtain a First Aid At Work certificate and become designated First Aiders in their workplace.
- Assessing the casualty
- CPR (Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition and treatment of illness
- Transportation of casualties
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy etc.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment
- Understand employer duties and legislation
- Maintain first aid records
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
All students are continually assessed by the instructor and there are two short multiple choice question papers that need to be completed within the course. Any assessment is carried out in a “low key” manner with the emphasis on teaching rather than assessment.
Minimum of 18 hours (normally run over 3 days) This course can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates or individuals can attend our courses.
09:00 to 16:30 each day.
First Aid at Work (Dartford Training Centre / Walk Tall Village) £195 per delegate
Light refreshments are also provided on our Dartford Courses.
First Aid at Work (onsite) £1950 per course (12)*Group Booking Form
Prices include: Professional instruction, all course materials, First Aid manuals and a Highfield Awards First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.
*(Number)in brackets indicates maximum number of delegates per course.